Friday, January 3, 2014

What I have learned and What I hope to in 2014

    2013 was a great year. One with a ton of great happy moments, and lots of sad trying times also. It was a learning year for our family. We are learning to trust and confide in each other, become the best parents we know how to be, and to love each other unconditionally. All of these things we knew how to do, but learning them on a deeper level is so important for a family. Our greatest lesson was learned toward the end. We learned how to completely trust in the lord, we knew how and why we need to trust, but maybe haven't mastered letting it all go, but we are close. The lord knows the path that we choose before it is taken, he knows the good and the bad outcomes, and he is beside us the entire time! Psalms 139: 16 is my reminder that I truly have no control of my outcomes, all I can do is trust that the Lord does, and he will prepare me for them.

Psalm 139:13-16

13 For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;[a]
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them
 

       I have never set New Year Resolutions before, and I don't intent too. Of course I would like to loose wight, give more offen, and be super mom/wife, but I know that other things will need to come first. I am making small goals for myself, and posting them here to hold myself accountable.
1. Slow down!... Enjoy the small stuff and be thankful for what I have.
2. Express my gratitude for what God has given us.
3. Focus on being a good friend/listener and in that focus on my true friends.
3. Learn to be the best wife I can.
4. Accept the fact I am not "supper mom" and that Hunter is only small for a short time.
5. Enjoy life.. laugh and love everyday for tomorrow is never a promise.



1 comment:

  1. You are a wonderful inspiration to me and I look forward to what 2014 as in store for you! While I think you have very few things you can improve upon I do think your 'goals' are ones you will reach this year!

    ReplyDelete