Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Snow Daze....

    As you may have noticed, Missouri has been slammed with snow the past few days. Last week (2.21.13) we stayed home and anticipated a huge snow storm. To my surprise we got about 13" in about 7 hours. Thunder snow and lightning, whiteout conditions, and the biggest flakes I've ever seen! I love snow, the larger amounts the better. I also love a paid day or two off work to spend with Hunter (that I will take any day). We had an absolute blast those few days. Dancing, baking, finger painting (homemade finger paint), coloring, eating, sledding, and playing together...just a few things we accomplished.

     As soon as MoDot got their bearings straight, Missouri braced for another snow storm. Yesterday we received another 6-9 inches of snow. With this storm the snow was wetter, making it really heavy... taking down multiple power lines, and roofs on buildings. Hunter and I spend the day at my parents with wood heat and gas cook top stove. I felt bad for all those at home freezing, but with the amount of snow we got their wasn't much I could do. Hunter rode his "4-wheeler" around the house, played with grandma, napped, and even watched Taylor on the tractor plowing the driveways. We have had such a good time the past few days at home together, but I am ready to get back into our work/daycare routine. I am not cut out for staying at home! Its hard work, and to many expectations! We are supposed to get more snow over the next few days, but nothing to measurable. I love looking at it, and even driving wasn't to bad this morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment