Monday, February 25, 2013

Aspen 2013

I've made the trip to Aspen Colorado countless times...I think around 10! Every time it brings back the happiest times of my childhood. Every other year since I was 5, my Dads side of the family would spend 2 weeks of the summer there. Now that the majority of the cousins are grown, and able to ski we have started going in the winter for a few days.
This year 26 of us made the trip. This was also Hunter's first trip to the mountains, making it extra special. Yes he's only 15 months but I was so excited to share this place with him. I was also very nervous about the drive...being that its about a 15 hour drive, with the majority of it Kansas! I am sorry but he has a bad rep for road trips, making me a crazy nervous wreak before we left! I has several people praying for a peaceful trip, and that the entertainment and sleep angels would be with Hunter during the trip.
As we left around bedtime Wednesday night, Hunter was absolutely amazing! He only cried a few times, and as my mom said it was only when one of us truly wanted to scream. He watched a movie (which the TV has never occupied his mind for more then 5 min), played cars, played with his flash light, slept a lot, and ate. We where all amazed and so very thankful at how well he was both going and coming home!
While there we skied a couple days, shopped, enjoyed evenings sitting by the fire and ice skating, good food, and card games with family. Our time in Aspen...while never long enough was wonderful!





To those that have never been to Aspen, it's a quite little town at about 8,000 feet above sea level, with about 33 inches of snow at the base with I hear some of the best skiing, expensive shopping, really good food, and if your lucky a celebrity or two. If you ever get the chance to go...go, it's truly is an amazing experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment