Monday, January 7, 2013

Organization!!

      One of my goals for the New Year is to get my life a little more organized! I feel like I am being pulled in a million different directions, and I can't even remember what I need to do next. This past summer when Taylor was gone Hunter and I had a routine. Each night I would complete a different chore/project, Hunter would go to bed by 7 and I had a few hours to myself. Now I meet myself at the door coming and going, stress over whats for dinner, and can't even walk though our room without tripping over cloths and shoes. Maybe it was the holidays, maybe its having an extra human in the house... I don't know, but I do know I need to get it together!
     Those that know me, know I deal with stress by over planning, making list, and contemplating things for hours. Its how I prepare my brain for an important event. I try to think about all the things that might come up or go wrong and prepare for the worse. Well I am going to start planning for each day now. Maybe not to the extent of an important life event, but I have to do something. If for nothing but my sanity that I am about to loose. 

My first tasks are to:
1. Put away laundry right after in comes out of the dryer (folded and all)!
2. Clean my closet so I can walk in it again. 
3. Make a grocery list and stick to it
4. Make a list of dishes we have the ingredients for (like a Menu). 
5. Know what Taylor or myself is going to make for dinner the day before we make it. 
6.Start and finish miscellaneous craft project that I want to do (such as Hunter's quiet book that I was going to give him for Christmas)
6a. Create a calendar/board for the house with grocery list and place for bills to be paid (no more piles on the island)
7. Keep my house and my desk at work picked up! 

*This list may seem long, but if finished it will keep my daily post its and stressing over this stuff at a minimum.
This explains how I feel daily


Wish me Luck!

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! I know that planning weekly meals and making/sticking to a grocery list takes a lot of stress out during the week. Takes a little bit of planning on the weekends, but it's well worth it in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete