Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Life is Good!

    Don't you just love it when someone says that? It makes me feel all warm inside and that if only for a second the world is right! In the new year, I have been stressing about family, time, work, organization, money, and trying to figure it all out. Well, I know now I can't do it all, everything except for family and work will just have to take a back seat and wait. I can't stress over it all, even though I will try too...I have to let some things go. Or at least try to let stuff go, and may even try to say no to some things. 
     In my attempt to organize my life I have realized I do need to "plan for the next day", but not to the extent I am extremely predicable. Yes I need to know what we are fixing for dinner the day before or even the day of, but I don't need to know a week in advance. I need to tell myself that cleaning and laundry can wait until after Hunter goes to bed. (I try to cram it in right when I get home, and hes crying in the other room while I feel the need to laundry!) No more will I tell him to wait, I will ask myself... Can I wait? I am going to try to limit my DIY list to 1 a month, and focus on just one hobby OK maybe two. I am getting to much on my plate... and I need to put some back. 
     After I had this realization and God gave me the peace to know it's OK if my house is dirty, for Hunter to go without a veggie at dinner, and for our entire living room to look like a giant toy box. What matters is that we love each other and we enjoy what we have in life (and possibly get a little sleep along the way).
    So compared to others my life might look like a big hot mess, but to me its good! Its what God has given us, and I will take it any day over someone else's!

After all how can life not be good when you have this little boy in it???

Learning to Clap.... Everyone misses at some point

No comments:

Post a Comment