Monday, November 26, 2012

Dear Hunter,

        The following is a letter I wrote to Hunter for his birthday. Yes its mushy and full of love, but its how I feel. I posted it here, because I have a fear of loosing all things sentimental. Also a recurring worry that I will won't remember how he has made me feel over the past year.




Happy 1st Birthday Sweet Boy!
      You first year of life has been an amazing one! You have defeated the odds of a preemie, concurred reflux, and you stayed strong though multiple ear and sinus infections including getting tubes put in your ears. All while learning to live laugh and love life to its fullest! You are a true testament of God’s love and patients. Each day I love watching as you grow, learn new things and change in to a toddler.
     You my dear: are full of smiles, laughter, silliness, and love! No moment over the past year has stuck out as my favorite, because each second spent with you is a blessing (even though it may be in disguise). At this point in time you love being around people! You light up a room as soon as we walk in. You think everything is funny, and enjoy to be tickled. You love to give hugs to Mom, Dad, and Grandma Karen. You enjoy reading books to mom at night, and playing with as many toys as you can get your hands on! The best toys aren't even toys at all (i.e.: mom's work name tag). 
    At your 1 year checkup you weighed 21 lbs. and 30 inches tall. On Thanksgiving you got your 8th tooth. You have started pulling up on things, and becoming very interactive with everyone you see. You wave and say Hi and Bye like crazy (usually both hands)! It melts my heart to see you wave, and lean into kiss me or dad. I haven't found something you don't like to eat, in fact everything food or not goes into your mouth. You would really like to walk, if only you could slow down and learn to you would be set. 
    I think most of all, your favorite place to be is outside and if a truck or a tractor is around you go nuts trying to get it! There is a peace that comes across you face when we step outside, it’s like a freedom you can feel. You love to watch the dogs, kitties, and birds (while also enjoying chasing all three). You are content playing in the glass, dirt, and leaves. Everything growls including: cars, animals, tractors, people, and all toys. You love sharing things and giving to others especially Rylee. You two play so good together and love each other so much.
   My prayer for you sweet boy; is that you continue to love life, grow up to be a strong, caring, & kind young man, and treat others with the same respect and love you have shown us over the past year. Daddy and I are so thankful to have you in our life, and couldn't imagine it without you.

Love, 
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment