Monday, September 10, 2012

Ear Infections... Go Away!

             So last week was a really hard week for us. I would say it was harder then the first few weeks after Hunter was born. We started out the week with a double ear infection. He was in so much pain, he couldn't sleep or eat. The doctor put him on Leviquin for 5 days, and it didn't do a thing. Only gave the ear infection more fuel to get worse and cause more pain and sleepless nights. Finally on Wednesday I took him back in, and they put him on a 3 day injection of Rocephin. I say this every time he get shots, but man SHOTS ARE THE WORST part of being a mom. The way you have to hold them down, and see the shear terror in their eyes, makes me want to scream out for him! And doing it for 3 days was absolutely awful! By the 3rd day he knew what was coming, and started screaming before I even laid him on the table. 
            Fortunately, the shots did start to work over the weekend. He is still not 100% back to him self, but I would say in the next day or 2 he will improve more. This morning we met with ENT, because this was his 3rd infection in 3 months, and they had used all the antibiotics available for him. She highly recommended we get tubes put in ASAP. I am not going to lie, I am pretty nervous about this. But also relieved and looking forward to them, because who really wants to see their child in pain. And since their is something I can do about it, well lets get it done!  He will have this done next Tuesday, please pray for all of us involved. I am sure I will be a crazy wreak the day of. We will be praying for guidance for the doctors and nurses, and patients and trust in God for Taylor and I. I know it a simple 15 min procedure, and we will be in and out in a very short time. Honestly my biggest fear is him not being able to eat after midnight. That is 7-12 hours of not eating for this little man... He will be very unhappy about that! I will keep you posted on how everything goes. 

On a more happy note, my cousin Amber got married over the weekend to a wonderful man, Chris. The weather was absolutly perfect for a beautiful outside wedding. I didn't get a picture of the bride and groom (left my camera in the car), but my mom got a few with her phone of Hunter of course:)

The 3 of us... We tried about 5 times to take this pictures, and this is the best one!

Hunter and Daddy

Playing with Libby & Emily


1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of the 3 of you! Such a beautiful family!

    Understandable of your hesitations and concerns about Tuesday, we will definitely be thinking and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete