Tuesday, August 14, 2012

No Kids Allowed...

Well except our Husbands! 

Don't get me wrong I love Hunter and honestly all of our firends children, but it sure was nice to get away. 

This past weekend 22 of us traveled to Bass River Resort in Steelville, Mo, to enjoy a nice relaxing weekend on the river. We had a great time, of course drinking and eating way to much, laughing at everything, and enjoying the beautiful weather. If you have never been on a float trip before, its an experience like no other! Its a crazy fun time, but can get confrontational at times. 
I would venture to say their have even been a few marriages end on the river. As I think back to the first time Taylor came with me (about 5-6 years ago)  Its amazing we stayed together. Its quite a trying time navigating down the river in a metal canoe, 2 paddles, crazy drunks, rapids, and last but not least a few drinks of our own. After flipping over mulitple times, losing coolers, sunglasses, and our minds. We decided to trade partners. I end the trip with my dad and Taylor with one of my brothers friends. But at the end of the weekend we had made up and went on about our lives.

Neat less to say after this first trip we vowed in the best interest of our relationship to never get in another canoe with each other again. Every year since we have taken a raft. Highly recommend this...much more relaxing, and has never made me doubt our relationship:)Excuse the amount of pictures, but I can't just put one!

Taylor, Holly, and I ready to start the weekend

Our entire group! READY TO FLOAT


My Mom and Dad

For some reason we all wore Black Swim Suits

Tina, Angie, and Kristin break for lunch

Holly and I

The Girls!

This just shows and little bit of the craziness involved.
This year was no different! Of course the trip had its up and down, but we all made it out alive! We had a blast with our friends, and even my parents were able to come! Too much fun packed into one weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment