Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Florida 2012

So the month of July flew by faster then I could blink an eye! Its now August... What? Did I miss something? 

July was a very busy month for us which included the trip to Texas, a wedding, my Grandmothers 90th birthday, and of course our first family of 3 trip to Florida! 
Taylor and I decided about 2 weeks before we left, that we should fly. With Hunter still not doing so well in the car, I knew we wouldn't make it 16 hours in the car, and to say the least I was even worried about the 2 hours trip to the air port. 

We left Saturday afternoon to stay the night in STL, since our flight was leaving at 6am Sunday morning. We had a great time with Max, Jill, and Rylee playing in the hotel pool and eating at our favorite STL spot (Culpeppers).... SO GOOD! 
We woke up around 3am Sunday morning, got to the airport, and though security (which I thought was going to be difficult with all of Hunter's stuff, but to my pleasure wasn't to bad). All the horror stories I read before we left I was quite concerned!We then boarded the plane around 5:30am, to find the back up generator wasn't working, but no worries they had called maintenance and they would be right there to fix everything. Wellllllll 4 hours after sitting on the plane on the run way with an 8 month old and my Husband.... we finally were able to fly! Except for the fact we had then missed our connecting flight in Atlanta and were forced to fly standby. After 1 1/2 hours in Atlanta, Delta had a plane with 1 (thats right one) remaining seat. Taylor insisted that I take Hunter on, and get him out of the airports, because only God knew when the next flight would have space. So in tears, by myself, and loaded down with Hunter, my pump, and Hunter's bag I got on the smallest plane Id ever been on. Fortunately the flight went well and we sat next to a wonderful older lady, and the flight attendant helped entertain an exhausted little boy:) So at this point it had been 9 hours of being in airports. Panama City does have a very small airport that was easy to get around in and plenty of space for Hunter to play on the benches until our shuttle could pick us up around 4pm. We were both exhausted by the time we got to the house around 5pm...in fact I felt like Jello, and Hunter didn't even have the energy to fuss. Taylor and the rest of the family finally made it on the last flight of the day landing in panama city at 7:35pm! Boy was it good to see them! 

Honestly the trip there was the most eventful of any day that week. My in-laws rented a house for the 13 of us to enjoy for the week and that's we did! We swam, played in the sand, ate great food, and enjoyed family. Most of all I enjoyed spending some much needed time with Taylor and Hunter. As most moms can agree, the most time they ever spend with their babies  is maternity leave! Hunter loved the water.. pool or ocean it didn't mater to him as long as he was in it! You can't beat the walks on the beach in the moonlight with your husband, or the sunrise walks with your son... absolutely blessed! WARNING PHOTO BOMB TO FOLLOW! 
Taylor, Hunter, and I playing on the beach

Lovin the water

Max and Rylee building a sand castle


Playing at the pool...Notice H is always chewing on something (teething...you try to take it away)


Happy 2nd Birthday Bella!

Grandma and H playing

Hunter and Rylee floatin

Hunter and Aunt Jill...snuggle time!



The trip home was a lot less eventful. Although towards the end of the week Hunter was starting to not feel himself. He would wake up during the night, and the last night there he never could get comfortable enough to sleep. We were so exhausted when we got home, my mom actually watched Hunter for a couple hours so I could sleep... Later in the week I took him to the doctor to find our poor baby had a double ear infection, sinus infection, and pink eye! Talk about feeling like a terrible mom! He is now starting to feel better, and more like his marvelous self.

Trips like this truly make me realize how blessed we are to be able to get away from work and everyday life! Not many are able to anymore, and it makes to take note on how wonderful our life really is.

Next post Float Trip 2012...

No comments:

Post a Comment