Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Happy 4th of July

And a very Happy 49th Birthday to my Dad! The 4th of July has always been one of my favorite holidays. When I was little Papa would come over early in the morning a light snakes for me and let me play in them (even though mom opposed)! Snakes are still my favorite, its so amusing watching them grow! The 4th is always a very busy holiday and this year a very very hot one. I believe the temp was 106*.
Taylor got to come home on the 3rd and spend a little time with us, which was nice. I know he misses Hunter like crazy! Then then had to turn around a leave the afternoon of the 4th though which was a bummer!
Every year on the 4th the Fayette Fire Dept. host a volleyball tournament, and this year Taylor was in charge of it. Hunter and I braved the heat for a little bit and went to watch Taylor play. Also see some friends we hadn't seen in awhile. I wish I would have gotten more pictures, but Hunter got to play with Alexi and Lynden (2 girls that will be in his class) they both are adorable and can't wait to watch them all grow up together.
Happy 4th of July!


That evening after saying goodbye to Taylor, Hunter and I went to my grandparents lake to swim and celebrate! There's is never a shortage of family and food to enjoy, and always a good time!
We were home early and with Hunter in bed, Mom came over and we watched the fireworks from the back of Taylor's truck. The lake isn't to far from our house so we could kinda see the fireworks through the trees. All in all a great day spent with great friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment